Baglady’s Global Appeal
All we want is:
Shops and shopkeepers to ask ‘Do you really NEEDabag?’
Customers to say ‘No’ to plastic bags
People to bring their own bags
This is our own simple contribution to help care for our environment.
- NIIRTA (Northern Ireland Independent Retail Traders Association), that’s your local:
- The Environment and Heritage Service (EHS) Northern Ireland, who are also funding us
- 100+ schools and colleges
- 20 out of 26 local councils
- Individuals, businesses and organisations
- The media
NEEDabag? began in 2001 in Australia, where it is now common policy to bring your own bag. Most shops now supply green bags made of natural fibres. Have you noticed the famous green bag the residents of Ramsay Street bring to Harold and Lou’s General Store in Neighbours?
Will St Leger, Dublin Friends of the Earth: “In the Republic of Ireland, we’ve saved 1.2 billion plastic bags”
“This is good.” Jonathon Porritt, Chairman of the UK Sustainable Development Commission, gives the thumbs up to NEEDabag?2